Wednesday, May 21, 2008

one motivated family!

We are working like monkeys these days trying to get this house on the market. Ya know, it sucks, to be the type personality that just doesn't see the mess until you know someone else is going to look at it. We have our house looking just plain perddy these days! I've got half our stuff boxed up and in storage and I'm actually achieving some organization! This is not like me! I hate that we're just going to get our place looking real top notch and then we'll move out. Oh well. Maybe it won't take 4 yrs to get our next place like we want it. :) This is us painting the master bedroom. Brian's been in charge of new floors and me and the Bit have taken to organizing and painting. This was a big mommy mistake though, you other mothers can laugh at my ignorance and inexperience...I thought it'd be cute to give the Bit a dry roller to 'help out'. Cause you KNOW my girl hates to be the baby who doesn't pitch in like the big people. She insists on pulling her own weight around here. So we let the girl play. Well, dumb me, the next morning I had the now wet roller wrapped up in the room, you guessed it, I had that instinctive mommy gut feeling that she'd been WAY too quiet and went to check on her. She'd pulled the saran wrap off and was painting my grandmothers all wood handmade dressers a lovely shade of antique white. With a big Bit smile though mommy! I couldn't even fuss at the poor kid. I'd let her do it the night before. Ok, lesson learned. Luckily it was wet latex paint that wiped off easliy w/ a wet rag and all was fine. Mental note, careful what you teach these boogers, they catch on quick and you may not want them too!!!

1 comment:

Clementine said...

Go HONEY! I know you hate to clean but it WILL be worth it!