a week after
Well 24 hours after this victorious heart to heart Brian and I heard a thump coming from the girl's room at bedtime. Sympathetic mother that I am at the end of a long day I rolled my eyes hearing Chloe wail and lovingly asked Brian to "please deal with this one for me, I'm so over this drama from her". I knew it wasn't good when he popped his head back in our room to update me that..."Um Hun, you actually may want to check this out". Crap. I found her on their bed holding her easter egg of an eyeball as the mommy guilt lovingly unpacked it's heavy bags in my heart. The poor thing had attempted to protect her new My Little Pony toy in her arms when she fell off the side of their tall queen sized bed resulting in her sweet baby face meeting the hardwood floors quite literally head on. She scared us all complaining of nausea and acting very pitiful that night. Ugg. Luckily she awoke the next morning feeling ok aside from the Fred Flinstone like growth surrounding her eye. A call to her doctor assured me it probably was a mild concussion but she'd be fine with rest. She bounced back like all 5 year olds do and even braved kindergarten orientation meeting all her new friends with eyes that resembled green stage make up on one side. The kids were warm and welcoming and the experienced teachers who knew our family giggled but I did get a few glares from other parents. I have never hidden my feelings well and I know I blushed with embarrassment as I tried to explain how it was simply a clumsy fall off her bed. Oh well, it's a memory for the books. Chloe is our mess of a girl. Love her to pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment